Bookings and Payment
Full payment must be made upon booking a place. Your place is not secure unless payment has been received.
- Illness – Please ensure that you and your child are well enough to attend. If you wish to cancel, I’m sorry but I am unable to offer refunds.
- Extreme weather – Sessions will be cancelled in the event of high winds, thunderstorms and extreme snow. In these circumstances I will try to rearrange the session or you will be offered a day in lieu on another story trail or session.
- Other cancellations – If you wish to cancel for any other reason, I’m sorry but I am unable to offer refunds.
- Upon booking ‘block sessions’, you understand that no refunds will be made if you cannot attend any or all of the sessions.
- Upon booking a pick & mix block, you understand that you must choose your dates upon booking. No refunds will be made if you cannot attend any or all of the sessions.
Information and data provided during booking will comply with the Data Protection Act 1998. Information will not be sold or any personal details disclosed to any other agencies.
No customer details will be shared with any third parties. Contact details will be saved in order to advise of any future events from Forest Friends.
- All children will be accompanied by at least one responsible person over 18 years old. All adults must adhere to our health and safety guidelines and follow the instructions of the Forest Friends leader.
- Adults must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Adults will be responsible for their behaviour and their children they are accompanying. Anybody who is affecting the safety or enjoyment of the event will be asked to leave and no refund will be given.
All equipment, unless stated will remain the property of Forest Friends.
- Adults will ensure they and their child/ren will be suitably dressed according to the weather. Layers are key, long sleeves and trousers to protect from scrapes and nettle stings; warm socks, wellies, hat and scarf during winter is advised.
- Forest Friends is based in a woodland environment and provides crafts and activities which may damage clothing. Forest Friends accepts no liability for dirty, torn or damaged clothing. Old clothing is advised during sessions.
All adults will ensure they provide suitable sun cream for themselves and their children during hot weather. Sun hats and a personal drink is also advised.
During the session photographs and video footage may be taken of the children during activities. This will be used by Forest Friends for promotional purposes such as social media pages, website and advertising. Any images used for promotional purposes will contain no personal information. If you would rather no photographs to be taken of you or your child/ren please inform Forest Friends upon arrival.
Policies and Procedures
Policies and procedures are readily available, for a copy just email – email@example.com
A site risk assessment will be carried out to ensure the woodland is safe to use. If you wish to view Forest Friends generic risk assessments just email – firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event of an injury, you agree to the Forest Friends leader to administer the necessary first aid needed on yourself or your child/ren. You also agree to sign and document the accident/incident in the Forest Friends accident book.
It is everyone’s responsibility to ensure safeguarding of children is kept paramount. Any suspicion of abuse will be correctly dealt with and reported to the police and social services.
Squirrel wood provides a disabled toilet and baby change area.