Bookings and Payment
Full payment must be made upon booking a place. Your place is not secure unless payment has been received.
- Illness – Please ensure that you and your child are well enough to attend. If you wish to cancel, I’m sorry but I am unable to offer refunds, or carry your place over to a future booking.
- Extreme weather – Sessions will be cancelled in the event of high winds, thunderstorms and extreme snow. In these circumstances I will try to rearrange the session or you will be offered a day in lieu on another story trail.
- Other cancellations – If you wish to cancel for any other reason, I’m sorry but I am unable to offer refunds, or carry your place over to a future booking.
- Upon booking ‘block sessions’, you understand that no refunds will be made if you cannot attend any or all of the sessions.
- Christmas themed sessions – if these are cancelled for any reason, you will be given the option of either receiving the resources by post or rescheduling to another session.
Arrival and Ending Time
Families are advised to arrive and finish on time due to the short sessions provided for the time being. This is to ensure Forest Friends can disinfect equipment thoroughly between each session.
Information and data provided during booking will comply with the Data Protection Act 1998. Information will not be sold or any personal details disclosed to any other agencies.
No customer details will be shared with any third parties. Contact details will be saved in order to advise of any future events from Forest Friends.
- All children will be accompanied by at least one responsible person over 18 years old. All other adults attending will have booked and paid for a place prior to attending. All adults must adhere to our health and safety guidelines and follow the instructions of the Forest Friends leader.
- Adults must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Adults will be responsible for their behaviour and their children they are accompanying. Anybody who is affecting the safety or enjoyment of the event will be asked to leave and no refund will be given.
- Adults will ensure they and their children adhere to social distancing rules in accordance with government guidelines.
- When required, adults and children will use hand sanitiser in accordance with government advice.
- Please do not attend if you or your child is showing any symptoms relating to coronavirus.
- Forest Friends reserve the right to refuse admittance to the class if I feel that the child or adult is too ill to participate, or has coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, such as a raised temperature, a new continuous cough, or a loss or change to their sense of smell or taste.
- While sessions will be adapted to suit Covid-19 regulations with social distancing measures in place and extra hand washing facilities; it may not be possible to ensure all young children keep a distance whilst playing. Safety measures in place are intended to minimise the risk of contracting Covid-19, but this risk cannot be completely eradicated. Therefore by attending any sessions or events you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk.
All equipment, unless stated will remain the property of Forest Friends.
- Adults will ensure they and their child/ren will be suitably dressed according to the weather. Layers are key, long sleeves and trousers to protect from scrapes and nettle stings; warm socks, wellies, hat and scarf during winter is advised.
- Forest Friends is based in a woodland environment and provides crafts and activities which may damage clothing. Forest Friends accepts no liability for dirty, torn or damaged clothing. Old clothing is advised during sessions.
All adults will ensure they provide suitable sun cream for themselves and their children during hot weather. Sun hats and a personal drink is also advised.
During the session photographs and video footage may be taken of the children during activities. This will be used by Forest Friends for promotional purposes such as social media pages, website and advertising. Any images used for promotional purposes will contain no personal information. If you would rather no photographs to be taken of you or your child/ren please inform Forest Friends upon arrival.
Policies and Procedures
Policies and procedures are readily available, for a copy just email – firstname.lastname@example.org
A site risk assessment will be carried out to ensure the woodland is safe to use. If you wish to view Forest Friends generic risk assessments just email – email@example.com
In the event of an injury, you agree to the Forest Friends leader to adminster the necessary first aid needed on yourself or your child/ren. You also agree to sign and document the accident/incident in the Forest Friends accident book.
It is everyone’s responsibility to ensure safeguarding of children is kept paramount. Any suspicion of abuse will be correctly dealt with and reported to the police and social services.
There are no toilets located in the woodland. Due to the nature of the short sessions this has not been an issue in the past. If children are desperate they will have to have a ‘wild wee’ in an area away from the group activities.